The Center for Pain Medicine is currently open several days a week. It shares space with the Center for Digestive Health in the ACH Professional Office Building - 270 E. State Street, Suite G120.
Alliance Community Hospital’s Center for Pain Medicine offers comprehensive care for relief and management of chronic pain, which is pain that lasts six months or more on a recurring basis.
The Center offers relief and management of pain caused by conditions such as:
- Herniated Disks
- Migraine Headaches
- Herpes Zoster (also known as Shingles)
- Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome (RSD)
Common treatments of these conditions include:
- Psychological counseling
- Interventional therapy such as epidurals and spinal cord stimulators
- Physical therapy such as conditioning and aquatic therapy
A referral from a physician is required for a consultation at the Center for Pain Medicine and most major insurances are accepted.
When patients visit the Center for Pain Medicine, they need to identify and explain their pain such as:
- Where it hurts
- How often it hurts
- What the pain feels like
- What makes the pain go away
- What makes the pain worse
- What medications or treatments have been tried and how they have worked
The Center for Pain Medicine provides a supportive and comforting environment. It features a home-like atmosphere with comfortable furnishings, artwork and a compassionate and experienced staff.
For more information, call 330-829-8699.