When it comes to exams, the Women’s Imaging Center at Alliance Community Hospital feels that its patients should not only get the privacy they need, but also deserve. Performing various exams only for women, such as mammograms, the Center is designed to be a quiet, relaxing and comfortable setting. Its comfort area is set up for discreet check in process, honoring the patient’s privacy. The technologists and staff members are involved with every step of the exam process, providing assistance and education with a caring touch.
A mammogram is a special breast x-ray that can reveal the presence of small cancers up to 2 years before they can be felt by you or your health care provider.
You should begin mammogram screening at age 40. By age 50, when the incidence of breast cancer increases, annual mammogram screening is crucial. Remember, early detection can give you the gift of a lifetime.
Mammograms are safe when performed at an accredited facility. Alliance Community Hospital is accredited by the American College of Radiology.
- Early diagnosis of breast cancer saves lives
- Most women who are diagnosed with breast cancer have no family history of the disease.
- As you get older, your risk of having breast cancer increases.
- Mammography is safe, and having a mammogram is easier than you think.
- Compliment your regular mammograms by seeing your doctor or other health care provider on a regular basis, and examining your breasts monthly.
If you have any further questions, feel free to call our Mammography Department at 330-596-7710.
To make an appointment, call Centralized Scheduling at 330-596-7187.
Mammography Exam Instructions
Thank you for choosing Alliance Community Hospital to perform your Mammography examination. We realize that you may have questions regarding your upcoming exam and hope this information will help explain the procedure to you.
To view our Mammography testimonial video, please click here.