An important part of the recovery process, as well as prevention of future illness, is health education. Health educators provide information to assist patients in making positive lifestyle changes or learning new skills, such as caring for an ostomy or self-administration of medications.
Health educators also provide instructions to assist patients and their families with the transition from the Hospital back into their homes. A certified diabetes education program for the community, as well as continuing education for employees and physicians, are also coordinated through this department.
The mission of the Educational Services Department at Alliance Community Hospital is to touch our patients directly or indirectly through our services to help them achieve their highest level of wellness and independence.
We achieve this through:
- Our certified diabetes education program
- Health caring resource center
- Assisting to individualize patient education
- Community support groups
- Community seminars
- Being a designated training center for the American Heart Association
The vision of the Educational Services Department is to support the goal of developing the best people by enhancing the abilities of Colleagues and to anticipate and responding to their educational needs.
We accomplish this through:
- Colleague orientation
- Assuring the competency of existing Colleagues
- Providing resources and support to meet the needs of customers, Colleagues and volunteers
- Offering continuing education opportunities to continue to advance Colleagues professionally and to promote the Hospital's vision of the "best people providing the best service"
- Embracing the Planetree philosophy through available services
To contact the Educational Services Department, call 330-596-7888.