January 4, 2013
Stark County Hospitals Issue Flu Season Visitation Alert
High Numbers of Hospitalized Cases Prompt Additional Patient Protection Guidelines
The flu season has arrived in full force in Stark County and all four hospitals—Affinity Medical Center, Alliance Community Hospital, Aultman Hospital and Mercy Medical Center are issuing visitation guidelines to protect their patients.
RESTRICTED VISITATION TO PROTECT OUR PATIENTS FROM INFLUENZA
Until further notice, please adhere to the following visitation policy:
1. Visitation is limited to healthy visitors.
2. For the safety of children and patients, children under the age of 14 are not permitted to visit.
3. Please limit visitors to 2 per patient. Visits should be limited to a short period of time.
4. DO NOT visit patients if you are ill or are experiencing any of the following symptoms:
Chills Sore throat
Headache Muscle aches
The public is also reminded of these recommendations on preventing flu:
- Get an annual flu shot, which protects against the three most common strains of the flu. The vaccine is available for people six months of age and older.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water (or an alcohol-based hand rub).
- Avoid touching the eyes, nose and mouth.
- Stay home when ill and avoid others who may be sick.
- Take antiviral drugs if your doctor prescribes them.