Alliance Community Hospital’s Medical Records Department offers a variety of health information services, including:
- Diagnostic and procedural coding for inpatient and outpatient hospital services
- Chart assembly and analysis
- Statistical reporting
- Chart retrieval and filing
- Release of information to various requestors; including insurance companies, governmental agencies, attorneys, physicians, patients and other health care facilities
- Transcription services provided by hospital-based and home-based medical transcriptionists
The Medical Records Department is unique to ACH in that 50 percent of the transcription staff works from home, which is known as remote transcription. The staff is connected to the mainframe of the ACH server. Remote transcription has increased productivity by 30 percent. It is an advantage to the Colleagues, as it is cost effective and increases accessibility and availability of the Medical Records staff.
The Medical Records Department is moving towards total electronic medical records. Currently, medical records contain a combination of 50 percent electronic files and 50 percent hard copy files. With the assistance of the Information Technology Department, the Medical Records Department will include mainframe electronic files and blending scanning.
To contact the Medical Records Department, call 330-596-7163.