ACH Philosophy of Nursing Care
Nursing Vision-It is our privilege and promise to exceed the customers’ expectations through caring, compassionate and competent nursing care.
The values of ACH are non-negotiable for the nursing staff. All nurses within our organization will support each other to make sure that we live and practice these values each and every day. This means holding each other accountable to treat the patients’, customers’ and community’s need first and foremost. Our values are:
- Individual Creativity
- Compassion and Caring
- Nursing Care Model
As a health care leader in this community, ACH is proud to provide Health Caring the way it should be to our customers. Our model of "patient focused care", based on the primary nursing model, affords ACH nurses the opportunity to practice nursing the way it should be. In building relationships with our patients we are able to focus on the person as a whole and not be task driven. Nursing is responsible for partnering with the patients and physicians to help them navigate seamlessly through the healthcare continuum. We understand that all nurses function at different levels of development and we foster an environment of mentoring and professional growth for our nursing staff.
- We believe nursing is the art of caring, providing hope, respect for human dignity, compassion and empathy in union with the science of healing and education of our patients and their loved ones.
- We acknowledge that it is our responsibility to create a healing, nurturing environment by providing continuous caring presence, diversity in approach and commitment to realizing mutually defined goal in collaboration with the patient, their loves ones and multidisciplinary team.
- We believe it is paramount that the patient and their loved ones be the primary focus of the health care team and the patient’s wishes be respected to the fullest, possible extent.
- We believe in the right of the individual and loved ones, to the extent that they choose, to be provided with accurate, comprehensive information about all aspects of their illness, course of treatment and prognosis in order that they may make informed choices regarding treatment options.
- We believe that the development of the patient’s discharge plan of care is a coordinated, multidisciplinary process which recognizes patient preferences, needs and self-care potential.
- We believe nurses should demonstrate ethical conduct and professionalism at all times.
- We acknowledge our responsibility to maintain and develop the highest level of competency in order to provide our patients with excellence in nursing care.
- We will uphold attitudes which foster bonding between our fellow caregivers. We will maintain open communications, be considerate, offer support and promote accountability as we practice our values when delivering nursing care.
- We acknowledge faith, hope and trust as being essential to harmony of body and mind, vitality of human spirit and quality of life.
- We believe positive emotions such as love and humor and pleasant stimulation of the senses through soft touch, music, the arts, pleasant aromas, flowers and nature’s gifs; contribute to a patient focused holistic model of care.
- We are committed to always provide the best in clinical care and customer service to those who seek our services.
Below are stories and comments from patients about the care they received from the nurses at Alliance Community Hospital.
"I just want to commend everyone here. Everyone has been wonderful, fantastic and this is the best experience in my hospital stay. I mean, everybody, there’s not one person that was, that I didn’t like. I liked them all. They were all exceptionally wonderful. Thank you."
"My nurse on 3 west was extremely competent, kind, anticipated what problems might be. She’s one of the very best nurses I’ve ever seen."
"I think all the nurses are all very, very thoughtful and very caring, I just can’t point out one. I want all of them. Thank you."
"There’s not just one, everyone that gave me care was excellent and caring. I couldn’t have asked for better service from anybody."
"I would just like to say that the nurse who took care of me was always there asking me how I was doing, if there was anything I needed and she really seemed to care for me as a person, not just as a medical problem or having surgery. Like I said she was always there, anything that they could do for me they did for me, but she was just exceptional in everything that she did."
"My nurse was smiling all the time. She made my short stay there wonderful. She was just, did over and above anything I expected. It was a good experience and she made it that way. She just smiled and joked with me the whole time and made me more comfortable."