Alliance Community Hospital started its services in what was the Deaconess Home in 1901 and was only the second hospital in Stark County at the time. In 1908, the name was changed to Alliance City Hospital. An addition was added to the hospital in 1922, raising the number of beds from 60 to 120.
In 1948 the first board of trustees was elected to oversee the hospital, which officially became Alliance Community in 1986.
The Community Care Center opened in 1991, while the new hospital building opened in 2006.